The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has already started the registration of students of classes 9th and 11thfor 2019-2020 session from August 8. This year the registration process has been started two months in advance instead of in October which was the trend in previous years. CBSE has advanced the process of registrations in order to streamline the processes related to examinations in a time-efficient manner by providing sufficient time for all activities in schools and in the Board.
For 10th and 12th board examinations, CBSE registers students online in class 9th and 10th. In this, the board collects key information like the names of the students, parents, course combination, date of birth and other important details. It has been observed that many times students make mistakes in providing the information up to correctness which makes it difficult for the board and schools to consolidate the correct records. To remove this anomaly, CBSE has decided that any updation (correction) of data from a hard copy of registration, from this time, will not be allowed. It will be the responsibility of the schools to upload the correct data.
Some of the main features of this year’s Online Registration system are as under:
- Before proceeding for Registration of students, existing schools shall have to update the data on OASIS.
- Schools must carefully fill in the full name of the candidate, mother, father/guardian. Abbreviations should be avoided as they create problems for the students in the future.
- Class IX/XI examinations have to be conducted internally by the schools.
- Schools can complete the registration process by individual entry or uploading filled in excel file provided by the online registration system.
- Schools are supposed to upload the photographs and signature of their legitimate students in Class IX/XI registration before the final submission.
- The Details of all the respective students should be submitted only in one lot for each of the fee slab. Partial submission of data will strictly be not allowed in a fee slab. That means, in each slot only one list of the students will be accepted.
- Schools are required to send the signed copy of finalized data of Registration of class IX/XI to concerned Regional Office only. Schools should not send it to CBSE, Preet Vihar, Delhi.
Special instructions for students to complete the error-free registration are as follows:
- Students must give the expanded name of Self and Father / Mother/Guardian. No abbreviations be given.
- May check that their data is similar in all the documents like Date of Birth Certificate, School records, Aadhaar and Passport, etc.
- Mention the name of mother and father as it is in their official/Govt record. Nickname or name through which they are known as in their family may not be mentioned.
- They will anticipate the requirement of the surname as when visiting abroad, it may be required by the visiting country to have both name and Surname.
- Their Date of Birth is as per Date of Birth certificate and as per school record.
- The Subject combinations will be according to the Scheme of Studies.
- Selection of Hindi – A, Hindi – B and Urdu, etc. in Class 9 needs to be done carefully.
- In class 11, selection of Hindi (Core & Elective), English (Core & Elective), Sanskrit (Core & Elective), Urdu (Core & Elective), etc, must be done cautiously.
Important dates for CBSE registration 2019-2020 are given below:
Schedule for On-line registration of Students
The Last date for receiving of duly signed copy in the Regional Office
Without late fee
08-08-2019 to 15-10-2019
With Late fee
16-10-2019 to 31-10-2019
To get all the minute details of CBSE Registration 2019-2020, one can visit the board’s official website, www.cbse.nic.in. Keep visiting CareerPotli for all the latest updates on CBSE Examinations 2019-2020.